Today I am going to do something different. I think you must have had your fill of verbs. So now I would like to talk about the different occasions when you NEED to speak English or at least to understand English. You can come to the blog and add more if you like.
- You need to know English when you visit an English-speaking country. You can try signalling with your hands, but that will only take you so far.
- If you are doing the IELTS, TOEFL,TOEIC exams.
- If you are a pilot. The language of communication is English.
- Many medical and IT books are in English.
- Nowadays, many companies require a working knowledge of English. One of my students told me that their company is worldwide and all the managers must speak English fluently as it is the only form of communication.
- Sales personnel. If you are trying to sell your products overseas it is essential that you are able to speak English to be able to convince people from other countries to buy your products.
Is this a good encouragement for learning English? More and more young people and even middle aged people are learning English because of better job prospects. Some are learning it to better themselves. Some are just learning it for when they travel. Some students like me to give them menus in English so when they travel they can order food in English. How many people want to travel to US and UK? Trust me, there are tons of people wanting to travel to these countries. I am going to try and do something different every day so I am going to rack my brain today as to what I should do tomorrow. I will continue with my grammar lessons but for the next few weeks I would like to do something different. Hope that you enjoy this. Have a lovely day today!!