What a beautiful picture. I don’t know about you but I just absolutely love flowers.
What did you all do during this long weekend.
How many people did something cultural, like going to the museum or art gallery.
How many people went shopping? Was that fun? What did you buy?
First, an exercise on the picture above. Can you name the colours in the picture? Now let me mention that colours is spelt colors in American English.
There are at least seven colours.
What are they?
Now on to verbs. Can you think of 5 verbs in the present tense still looking at the picture.
- I love flowers.
- The flowers are tulips
- The flowers are red, yellow, pink, purple, white and red.
- I like red flowers.
- I do not like purple flowers.
What about the present continuous tense? Do you remember these.
These are formed by adding the verb “to be” + verbs ending “ing”.
- I am looking at flowers on the website.
- I am learning English now.
- I am eating breakfast now.
- The flowers are blowing in the wind.
- The flowers are standing still.
Try and make up sentences in the simple present and some in the present continuous.
See you tomorrow.